Changezi, Dancer Among Shadows by Maria & Sasha Zak #TOFF – Jun 2015

Support our filmmakers, vote and share their amazing movies!

[featured-video-plus]

You are watching:

FILM IN COMPETITION – ‪#‎TOFF‬ JUN 2015

YouTube or Vimeo Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBW3Eg-Adnk
Film Title (English Title): Changezi, Dancer Among Shadows
Director: Maria Zak and Sasha Zak
Length: 45.06
Genre: Documentary, LGBT, Experimental
Year: 2014
Country: Canada

Logline: He wanted to dance but they would not let him.

Competitive section: MEDIUM LENGTH FILM

[text-blocks id=”2362″ plain=”1″]

20 Comments

1. Wow,it took my breath away. It is a work of art. I always like a film about dance, but it was the feel of the movie that drew me in, like a good dream.

2. Sharon Sundam 9 June 2015 at 1:18 PM

love it

3. Thanks to the website for this film, great tribute to a passionate person. really neat films on here. I came across this link this morning, lots of stuff here that’s no where else.

4. Stanley Staffy 11 June 2015 at 3:50 AM

🙂

5. Congratulations on a great film 5 stars!

6. Rebecca Miller 20 June 2015 at 2:47 PM

You are very remarkable twins, together you are a powerhouse! I mainly knew you for your work in Autism and social work, that’s why I’m not surprised that you would make such a deep and beautiful film. but now i see shares all over my facebook page from everywhere and I had to see what the hype is about. I’m in awe of you both.

• Rebecca Miller 20 June 2015 at 2:53 PM

sorry I left a comment before, i’d rather my second one count if thats ok

7. Kostantin Zak 20 June 2015 at 3:11 PM

BRAVA!!

8. Very riveting film. Beautifully captured and soulful

9. Jacqueline McCann 22 June 2015 at 11:59 PM

Thank you for making art.

10. Stacey Rodriguez 24 June 2015 at 1:51 PM

This film has a mood of yearning and nostalgia. It poetically tells a story, but without bashing an antagonist, just focused on the beauty and journey of the young man.. and his love for even those things that got in his way for a while. I left with the give away message about his struggles and triumph, but without hating anyone. Its rare in film and thank you to film festivals like this one for exposing us to films like this.

11. Inspiring film, it builds and gets better as the film progresses. You don’t find too many films that are created as an art piece in itself. Also I thought it was very Isadora Duncan

12. ” why is dance wrong if a man does it” wow that was the most powerful line in the film and the whole beautify segment in the end, I had to repeat it a few times, like a music video. Amazing editing throughout. This man has a beautiful body.

13. Nice to hear stories of overcoming “shadows”. Has a great message, very moving and beautiful

14. Meredith Wilsom 25 June 2015 at 1:11 PM

Thank you for making film that is opposite of main stream. Other films with LGBT themes in them eroticize and sensationalize the protagonists to fit into a conventional sexy palette, particularly if its females. this is a story of a human being and the spirit of a human being. it’s about time in 2015.

15. Great work Zak Sisters. This movie CHANGEZI, DANCER AMONG SHADOWS is at the forefront of this social revolution that is so badly needed.

16. THIS DOCUMENTARY BROUGHT ME TO TEARS. THANK YOU FOR THE EXPERIENCE

17. Шедевр!!

18. Thank you everyone for all of your support. It means so much. We made this film out of pure passion for our friend Changu on a zero budget.
    I appreciate all of you guys and tonight very humbled.

Maria